The Department of General Surgery offers surgical procedures for the endocrine system, the gastrointestinal tract, the liver, the colon, and other significant parts of the human body. The common procedures range from simple surgery to advanced surgeries such as appendicitis, ileo-anal pouches, thymectomy, gastric bypass, colonoscopy, and so on. The Department also provides efficient treatment to patients suffering from skin, soft tissue, breast, hernia, and trauma illnesses. Evidence-based treatment for gall bladder stones, hernias, and anorectal disorders lies between these ranges.
The general surgery team is skilled in ensuring complete patient safety and satisfaction by employing the most up-to-date diagnostic and surgical techniques. The Department of General Surgery at BRGH serves its patients with cutting-edge surgical care. It provides leading-edge technology, operation techniques, and management procedures for some of humankind’s most prevalent diseases.
- Emergency surgery includes: blunt and penetrating injuries and accidents; perforation peritonitis, intestinal obstruction, acute abdomen, etc.
- Gall bladder diseases and Surgical Jaundice
- Modern management of anorectal diseases like piles, fissures and fistulas
- Modern management of Hernias of various kinds
- Diabetes wound care (diabetes foot)